Atmizoo Lab 50 HP Mech Mod
The Lab 50 HP Edition is the 18500 version of our most innovative, hard-hitting mechanical mod, with the High Performance Peek Switch pre-installed. Now available with precious metal plated body.
The simplicity, ease-of-use and performance of the Lab comes with a style that departs from the strict minimalism of the Roller and Dingo. The Lab has a slightly more aggressive form which is still minimal and ergonomic, in line with its unique character.
The Lab sets a new standard in mech mod performance and safety, since it has been designed to include advanced safety features with a minimal or zero impact on dimensions or performance. Every Lab can be configured in 3 different bottom-cap-to-battery contact modes with different safety / performance characteristics (Springless-Fused, Springless-Direct and Spring-Loaded). Check out this section for detailed information about each mode.
All devices come with the Springless-Fused contact pre-installed, and include all parts necessary for re-configuration in Springless-Direct mode.
Features & Specifications:
– The Lab switch is a smoother, more robust version of our innovative Roller / Dingo switch, a common point of reference for all current top-firing mech designs. All critical components of the new switch are heavily reinforced and 100% liquid-sealed. New switch versions have one twist-locking position (twisting a quarter-circle anti-clockwise) instead of two (older version) due to machining procedure refinements.
– Robust, lightweight 304 food-grade stainless-steel construction with a minimum number of parts for a low-loss, super-efficient operation, unseen in existing top-firing designs.
– Configurable to use a Spring-Loaded, Springless-Fused, or Springless-Direct negative battery connection, for a high-performance or safety-oriented operation.
– Dependable short-circuit protection (Springless-Fused mode) based on a super-low-voltage-drop, resettable PTC element, suitable for resistances down to 0.5 Ohm.
– Hybrid-style, future-proof top connection with open airflow.
– Fits 18650 batteries by mounting a T16 extension
In Springless-Fused mode, a high-performance protection module is assembled into the bottom cap of the device to protect your batteries and the mod itself from damage caused due to short-circuits. The fuse used in the Lab is resettable (does not “burn”), does not affect the dimensions of the device and has a negligible impact on performance when using resistances down to ~0.5 Ohm.
Overall, the performance of the Lab in the Springless-Fused mode is consistently higher than the performance of most high-end mech devices without any kind of protection built-in.
A Springless-Direct cap contact is also included with every Lab, which can be used to remove all protection features from the device. When using the Springless-Direct contact, the voltage drop on the mod will be negligible, resulting in performance unseen in existing top-firing designs.
The Spring-Loaded mode is a compromise between performance and safety. Spring performance is on average higher than the performance of the fuse when using well-maintained and plated or high-conductivity springs. However, it is not as consistent, since springs tend to lose their flex with use.
The spring-loaded configuration is very useful for fitting abnormally long batteries, or when using long Kick modules with 18500 batteries, since it provides around 1.0mm of additional battery space.
**Important**: All Lab versions retailed after October 1st 2016, do not offer a spring out-of-the-box. It is strongly suggested that the devices are used in fused or direct mode, for performance and safety reasons.
For micro-adjustments of battery space, as in fitting abnormally long batteries, or when using long Kick modules with 18500 batteries, it is recommended that you use a conductive spacer or a spring found in our parts section.
Surface Finishing Options
– The BR-M and BR-EM versions are machined from soft brass, a sensitive, “active” material that quickly develops patina on all external surfaces. They are limited-edition, “collectors-only” items, recommended only for skilled vapers with extensive experience in brass maintenance. All Brass batches are small and also are prepared randomly. Stay tuned for availability announcement or contact us directly.
– The SS-IM finish is a dynamic finish. It is not always the same and it gets darker over time. There is no need to worry though, as parts that appear to be different, will eventually look almost identical.
Now with new available options:
-Precious metal plated bodies: 24K Gold Classic plating, 24K Gold Rose plating, Platinum Classic plating and Platinum Black plating.
All finishes need cautious handling, but especially sand blasted finishes (SS-IM and BR-EM) are more sensitive to scratches and surface aging.